Monday, February 8, 2010

Genesis

Currently chilling in JFK airport with mad time to kill so I figured to put a start to the much anticipated tale that's about to unfold. It's crazy to think this is actually happening and yet somehow I'm not too phased right now. I can't really fathom being gone so long but I'm sure it'll sink in pretty soon. I'm heading to Miami in a few hours and will be there until Tuesday night when we fly from Miami to Paraguay with a lay over in São Paulo, Brazil. Perhaps I'll dip from the airport for a bit in Brazil and hit up a futsal court and joga bonito. I'm pumped to meet all the fellow volunteers I will be doing training with for the first 3 months. During that time we will all be living in a town about an hour from the capital called Guarambaré. We stay with host families and our days are dedicated to language and technical training. After those three months we are officially sworn in as Peace Corps volunteers and move to our permanent site for the remaining two years. The permanent site we get placed in has to do with what slots are open at the time and based on the Peace Corps Staff's evaluation of our abilities. As many of the peeps I've talked to know, I will not only be speaking Spanish but also an indigenous language called Guaraní. Most Paraguayans speak Guaraní as well and it will definitely be a cool challenge to try and learn it upon my arrival. I don't know how much more my brain can take. Spanish to Portuguese now to Guarani and Spanish... I wish I had the Belgian language skills! Anywayz good to get this thing started up and shout out to all my family and friends wherever you may be. Much Love and keep fighting the good fight. I'm out like all the Who dat fans on Bourbon street.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The Truth Will Set You Free and a Seasons of Faiths Perfection? Really? Typical I guess.

Be safe my friend and more importantly, be epic.

Andrew said...

lol, co-signed Louis

Unknown said...

the romantic....

thetruthshallsetyoufree said...

hahaha u know how i do

Felicia said...

My Dearest Nephew, love the message...love the growth...KGF-Keep God First...keep giving of yourself and keepliving life. Love you muchisimo. Shalom